Star released this, one of a kind, USB POS printer that works with the iPad (and WaiterOne) : the Star TSP143IIIU. The beauty about this printer is that you don’t need a network nor do you need any IT skills to install it.
1. Connect your printer to your iPad with your lightning cable (USB on printer side, lightning on iPad side) :
2. In WaiterOne go to data -> printer -> bill -> general -> host and enter : USB:TSP100
3. In the same settings as above, select Star Raster Mode as type printer
All done! Push the QR Code next of the host address in WaiterOne and a small ticket should be printed.
Thanks to Star EMEA for borrowing me this printer.
A new feature in WaiterOne version 1.4.29 will be the integration of a physical service button called NIU. This button could be placed for instance on a table so your clients could call the waiter, or to let them ask for the bill or even print it directly, why not. You could also use it to inform the kitchen that the next course could be served. If you use WaiterOne in a spa you could use it to take an order.
The NIU buttons currently exist in 6 beautiful color. They are very well made, a little bit Apple’ish if you ask me. Maybe start with one (or four) and give one to your VIP clients, that way you can serve them faster (and make some more money ;)).
The possibilities are endless, but as all needs to be programmed, we started with these ‘actions’. Look at some code straight from within WaiterOne :
ActionNIUButtonNone //No action when button pressed
ActionNIUButtonCall //Call waiter
ActionNIUButtonCourse //Ask for the next course
ActionNIUButtonPay //Ask for the bill
ActionNIUButtonPayAndPrint //… and print it immediately!!!
ActionNIUButtonCancel //Cancel previous actions
Actually these buttons exist already some time in the hospitality, they are better know as waiter callers or pagers. You can still buy them but to integrate it properly into your POS system, … don’t look further, the NIU buttons work just nicely together with WaiterOne. Here is a screenshot of how it will look if somebody wants to order :
If you have more ideas how to use these buttons, contact us, curious which ‘actions’ will be added one day!
Interested or do you have some NIU buttons already, have a look at the Getting started with WaiterOne and NodOn NIU buttons. Enjoy!
Since version 1.4.26 we have SumUp integrated in WaiterOne. Start accepting credit cards now. Activate SumUp and tendering in the settings of WaiterOne, create a payment method and connect it to SumUp and use it straight away, accept all major cards and payment methods :
We have just released version 1.4.26 of WaiterOne. Together with this release we also updated the Remote (now version 1.3.4) and the KDS (now version 1.1.3). It is important to know that if you use one of these additional apps, the Remote or the KDS, you have to upgrade all the apps to the latest versions. Updating the main WaiterOne app and still using an older Remote will get you into problems. Same goes for the KDS, as we changed the communication protocol, so if the KDS was not upgraded it will not work at all anymore.
Here is a list of the new things in the 1.4.26. In the upcoming month we will add some new exciting things to WaiterOne, if you should have a special request, please drop us an email. Thanks.
– Split bills on WaiterOne and on the WaiterOne remote for the iPhone. WaiterOne remote for the iPad will follow shortly.
– New Star TSP100IIIU added, this is a USB printer and can be connected directly to Lightning port of your iPad, no network nor bluetooth not Wi-Fi needed.
– Added jump and jump back to export and import file.
– Table move print outs on Star bitmpa printers were not perfect! Now they are, I guess.
– Import improved. Create your products in a spreadsheet and import them in WaiterOne.
– Recompiled with latest development version and with latest communication library.
– Recompiled with latest SumUp library, needed for the latest SumUp card readers.
– Removed our logo from Star bitmap printers receipts.
*** BREAKING NEWS ***
WE HAVE INTEGRATED THIS PRINTER IN VERSION 1.4.26 OF WAITERONE!
Star has a new printer and it is amazing, the big change here is that this printer is not ethernet, nor WiFi, nor Bluetooth connectable. Just plug your lighting cable into your iPad, connect it to your pinter (USB) and you are ready to go. No more network configurations, no WiFi nightmares. The only limitation here is the distance, using this printer in your kitchen will be a no go, but for a receipt printer, or when you have no network at all (e.g. foodtrucks). This could be a winner.
More info on the site of Star : http://star-emea.com/products/tsp100iiiu/
Star’s NEW TSP143IIIU is a game changing USB POS printer. It is the first of its kind to be able to connect directly to an iPhone, iPad or iPod using an Apple™ Lightning cable for reliable USB communication and simultaneous charging.
This is a standard USB receipt printer for traditional POS terminals (including Android™, Linux™ and Windows™) with a difference. The TSP143IIIU combines the reliability of cabled terminal POS with the flexibility and advantages of mobile tablet POS. As a result, the usaul Bluetooth or WiFi / wired LAN set-up issues around pairing, network infrastructure and connectivity etc. are eliminated from a hardware perspective.
- iOS devices – Charging and data transfer between device and printer via standard Lightning to USB cable using USB A port.
- Android, Linux and Windows devices – Communication via USB B port. Power is supplied through a 3rd party splitter cable.
- Compatible with Star Cloud Services
and AllReceipts Digital Receipting App.
- Connection to a cash drawer as standard.
- 250mm/s print speed.
- Thin paper capability (0.053 to 0.085).
- Unique Star futurePRNT software included.
- ECO features including print on demand – horizontal and vertical text reduction and receipt on demand function. (Windows only).