UPDATE : the KDS has been updated to version 1.1.7. The bug with big screen tickets is hereby solved. WaiterOne has also been released. Version 1.5.13 is now available. The DK button should be solved now.
This weekend we had releases of all WaiterOne apps : the main app WaiterOne, the remote version of the app and the KDS. It didn’t go as planned and lots of clients were affected by these buggy updates. When all goes well, we should have a fix for most of the things in the next upcoming hours. So please upgrade all your apps to the following versions :
WaiterOne KDS : version 1.1.6
WaiterOne Remote : version 1.3.13
WaiterOne (for iPad) : version 1.5.13 (we are still waiting for approval from Apple here)
What to do when your remote crashes when selecting the tables :
Be sure you have the latest version of WaiterOne.
Delete the remote app.
Reinstall the remote app.
Reconnect to the main iPad with your remote (in the settings), type in your initial login code and then press on download.
What to do when your main app crashes when you press the DK button :
Update to the latest version of WaiterOne as soon as Apple releases it. Should be in the next upcoming hours. Version 1.5.13 that is.
What went on and why did we release just before the weekend?
The KDS app was already 10 days at Apple for approval and every time they came up with a reason not to approve it. Finaly after all the updates we had to present them, including videos of the app to explain how the app works with the rest of the apps, they suddely released it, yep, just before the weekend. And as the KDS only works with the other updated apps we also had to release them as well. This was not the intention, resulting in a not 100% tested release of the main app and the remote, invoking some nasty crashes.
Things should be better now, as long as you keep on updating to the latest versions as we are releasing emergency updates as we speak. Waiting on the update of the main app, but the next upconing days we should be able to tackle all bugs. I guess after this busy weekend we will have yet another busy week to come.
Sorry for the incovenience, Thanks for your patience,
New version of WaiterOne released just now. Enjoy!
– New school table plan redone and added. This is a game changer for WaiterOne. It is still very basic but we will add new features and images along the way. Keep us posted if you have ideas or feature/image requests. – Z Financial and Z users reprint available in the reports. – X and Z reports translated into Dutch and German. – New report added : payments in detail. – Updated code for the updated KDS. – iCloud backup (not our cloud, but yours at Apple). Check out settings -> data -> backup -> backup and select iCloud. Then check your iCloud drive for a newly created folder with your database in it. Cool … and more to come. – Default 1 added in the payments. Ideal to add coins and paper money to your payments. – Added multiply button on the open price page. You now can use this to calculate your price.
– Improved the way to add an adhoc table or tab. – When using payments and the quick payment switch has been activated you now can enter an number, so that you have the correct number of payments immediately. – Code changes to export en import data, usefull when using emoticons as button name (not for name on the bill nor for name on the order as these POS printers can’t print them). – Auto logout logic changed. Now it is only activated when nothing was type in yet and time has passed. I guess this will lead to less cash register stress. Once you started typing in you will not be kicked out because your were kind of slow or your were talking with a client.
– Some currency bugs in the sales reports. – Dark mode on older iOS’s now work. – Bug when selecting a payment and then go back and select a product. Previous product could be overwritten. – Bug when voiding a product with a modifierCalculation on screen was done incorrectly.
After 8 years using a competitive, fixed, pay-once price setting, we have decided to change our price policy. The idea is to make the pricing very transparent and very competitive once again. The money we make with this price change will be invested in human resources. There are so many things we want to integrate into WaiterOne, so extra programmers would be a major help over here.
The all inclusive price of WaiterOne will be as low as 6,- euro a month (paid on a yearly basis). All apps, add-ons, services and support will be included. Here is a list of the things you get for your money :
WaiterOne iPad app
Our famous support, everybody is gold now
As many as you want WaiterOne Remotes for iPhone, iPod and iPad
As many as you want KDS’s : kitchen (or bar) display system
Online dashboard : see your sales in realtime from everywhere
Updates for all apps
Actually the new price setting is even cheaper than before as the total of the add-ons was 121,95 euro per year and now it is only 71,99 euro per year all inclusive.
For that monthly price you can use as many remotes as you want, so now every waiter could have his own remote (on his iPhone, an iPod touch or even an iPad). The same goes for the KDS. Starting up has never been so affordable. 6,- euro, all inclusive. That is the price of 3 coffees a month.
You can also pay for 1, 3 or 6 months. So people who have a season- or event business, only need to pay for the period they use the system.
If you should have questions about this change feel free to contact us. Always available, always ready to help.
We just released version 1.5.0 of WaiterOne. This is a big release. Something we have been working on for quite a while.
New menu in WaiterOne 1.5
– Big interface update. Click on the app icon down left to access the new menu. Only accessible of course for users who have access.
– Dashboard app will disappear soon. So please use the online dashboard web page now. See settings -> Cloud dashboard. You can also set a password. A random password will be generated the first time.
– Courses added throughout all apps. Check it out, it is awesome.
– Adding logo’s on your Raster printer printers is esaily done by uploading a png file with the name of the printer to the files sharing part of WaiterOne. Call your printer Bill.png if your printer is called Bill, …
– Split table switch added to the users. So you can decide which user can split tables or not.
– Payconiq added. Accept payments by letting your clients scan a QR code. ### Fixed
– Bug opening drawer when using Star Line Mode and copies set to 0.
During the summer of 2017 we went deep undercover to work out a new killer feature in WaiterOne. Finally, after blood, sweat and months of old technologie browser- and backend programming, here it is : WaiterOne Online Ordering.
The idea is very simple, the integration wasn’t, but you as a customer will probably not experience that, all resulting in a smooth online ordering system for you and your customers! If you don’t do online ordering yet, if you don’t do customer pickup, (re)think about it. I am certain you have some yummy things in your restaurant or bar that you could sell online, could be fun having new clients in markets where you didn’t operate in before. Why not selling your pizza’s and pastas online, delivery or pickup. Why not selling your freshly roasted coffee beans per bag? If you are already doing online ordering, then you surely will appreciate this new feature of WaiterOne. No more need to check an online website or open your email, type it over with or without mistakes. All orders are automatically entered into WaiterOne, you decide if you accept them or not.
How does it work?
You decide which groups should be visible on your online ordering website. You also can add a product image. Once all done you go to settings -> client ordering system, fill in your business information and meta data (so people can look you up) and click on ‘upload to the cloud’. Once that is done, your client can search for you and order online. Their order will arrive, in a split second, together with their name and phone number, in WaiterOne in the Client Ordering Tab. Select that order and decide whether you accept it or not. If accepted, you bar/kitchen printer will print out the order, ready to be made and picked up by your client or delivered by your couriers.
To print out your personal website qr code, go to data -> printers and click on the qr code. So next time people ask you if you have an online shop, jus say yes and print out that qr code.
This is the first release with the online ordering as it is. Please be patience, for bugs or feature request just drop us an email. We have already some new ideas to add to it, but we are, as always, interested to know what you think about it.
Furthermore in WaiterOne 1.4.29 :
Tested and adapted for iOS 11.
– Online ordering
– NIU buttons added. Let you clients ask for a service or print the bill from their table with that magical NIU button.
– markup added, the beeper of your printer will sound 3 times and 10 flashes will be show also (never miss a ticket again)
– logo added to Star raster printers. Just add an image with name logo.png to your iPad (Apps -> File Sharing – >WaiterOne) and it should appear on your Star printer tickets.
– Visual bugs when running on iOS 9.x for different screens : split screen
– License bug
– Bug when iPad was in … Swedish language!